Wednesday 19 February 2014

354 Days to go until the big Four-Oh!

Okay, so this is my first countdown blog post and I have 354 days to go until i hit the big 40.
Yes, I know that its only a number.  Yep, I get that I am fussing over something pointless.  Of course I can see that it is nothing to be genuinely worried about.
I get all the logic, all the "its not that bad", all the "life begins at..." stuff and I remember how I felt when I was approaching 30.
But this feels a bit different.
The thing is, I remember my mum turning 40.  This is the first age that I can remember my mum being!  That feels very strange.
I remember wearing a dark pink and black, drop-waisted candy stripe dress with spiky hair and black stilettos to her 40th birthday party.  Images of a load of grown ups dancing to Dexy's Midnight Runners' Come on Eileen and then slowing it down with The Power of Love by Jennifer Rush.  I can see it all.
Not that the memories are bad ones - it was a good night - its more that I am approaching an age which I thought was really old when my mum reached it!  
Weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback would be great! Thanks for taking the time to read my post.